Subject: [Leica] Jonathan's IIIa
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:24:10 +0000

>>>My IIIa came yesterday, boy its a beaut!  [snip] <<<

Congratulations! I've been looking at those. Really nicely made. Might
have to add one of those to my LTM arsenal.

>>>The only thing that puzzles me about the IIIa is the ribbed lever on
the
rangefinder eyepiece, the one marked with 8 or is it the infinity sign?
What is the purpose of that?<<<

Diopter correction for the rangefinder! Works, too. Look at something
close and toggle the lever, then look at something far away and do the
same thing. You'll see the image get more and less clear as you work the
lever.

- --Mike