Subject: Re: [Leica] which lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:25:01 -0800

At 05:55 PM 11/25/1999 +0100, Grégoire Vandenschrick wrote:
>I didn't know that there were two 19mm, is it possible to have descriptions
>and comparissons of the two optics?

There is no comparison. The new 19 is as good as it gets. The old 19 is
good, and it costs a LOT less, but if you want world class optics, go with
the new one. It's one of the best wide angle lenses Leica makes, M or R.

>My question about the mysterious intermediate lens between 24 and 50 was
>just about the cover angle, so I think the 35 is the intermediate. But now,
>I'm wondering if the rendering of th 35 would not be very similar to the one
>of the 50.

Personally, it depends. If you don't have many wide angles, I'd go with a
28 first, and then the 35, but I got the 35 because I don't have a 50. Some
day I'll have everything, one of each that is, between 21 and 75 in the M
system.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Champions aren't made in gyms.  Champions are made from something they have
deep inside them--a desire, a dream, a vision.  They have to have the skill,
and the will.  But the will must be stronger than the skill.

                 -- Muhammad Ali