Subject: RE: [Leica] Nazi Leicas
From: "Andrew S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 03:40:02 -0500

>How
> long do we wait for it to respond? I wonder if that last atom of
> oxygen you
> inhaled was at one time inhaled by a Nazi. Better stop breathing.

Jim, BD, Marc: Let us stop this thread. With the last argument Jim succeeded
to apply the technique of "reductio cum absurdum"(pardon my inadequate
knowledge of Latin) to an important issue. But contemplating, forgetting,
and above all forgiving Nazi criminality are surely beyond the scope of the
LUG.
 My original inquiry to Marc was about the use of Contax rangefinders in
WWII. As usual, Marc gave a scholarly response. Then, after further
discussions BD made the point that the compulsive collection of Nazi items
with swastikas is sick or distasteful or both which as a child survivor of
the Holocaust I fully endorse. The thread was then kept alive with
additional views leading nowhere as  far as photography and Leica are
concerned.

With best regards(and being grateful on Thanksgiving Day for finding a home
in the USA) I wish all my friends on the LUG and LEG a wonderful Thursday,

Andrew Jordan