Subject: [Leica] Adams and digital imaging
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:00:49 -0500

An interesting remark attributed to Ansel Adams from the corbis.com
website:

Ansel Adams believed intensely in the possibilities of a new and exciting
digital age for photography.

                     "In the electronic age," he wrote in his
                     Autobiography (1985), "I am sure that scanning
                     techniques will be developed to achieve prints of
                     extraordinary subtlety from the original negatives.
                     If I could return in twenty years or so I would hope
                     to see astounding interpretations of my most
                     expressive images. It is true no one could print
                     my negatives as I did, but they might well get
                     more out of them by electronic means. Image
                     quality is not the product of a machine, but of the
                     person who directs the machine, and there are no
                     limits to imagination and expression."
<<<