Subject: Re: [Leica] Squares and sabotage
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:41:58 +0100

From Eric Welch
> I was thinking that journalism plays a more important role in our
society than art does. It is a check on the power of government, it
makes
- ------------------------------------------------

Was there no journalism in Hitlers Germany?  Have a re-think Eric.
Newspapers preach to the choir and always have done.  For a modern
example compare the Greek and USA newspapers about the Bombing of
Serbia.  It is not just about a different POV, or even a question of
who controls the press, whether state or market forces, it is about the
half-truths pretending to be whole truths.

Art is essentially about the TRUTH.  Often too deep for my ken.

The twisted handgun outside the UN(?) says more than all the newspapers
put together and does it without destroying a single forest.

Alan