Subject: RE: [Leica] Military Contaces
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:52:01 -0800

At 11:35 AM 11/23/1999 +0000, B. D. Colen wrote:
>WHY? WHY? Would anyone WANT to own a Leica or Contax used by the armed
>forces or government of the Third Reich? And spare me the "study of history"
>crap.

What other reason? Worship of Hitler? I don't think so. I have a violin
teacher who prized his copy of a Nazi Luger with a very long barrel. Cool
looking gun. But he didn't like it because Nazi's were evil.

My father has a Nazi dagger that he's going to give me some day that he
"liberated" in the occupation after WWII. It has the talons holding the
world on the butt of it. It IS a part of history. And he has a machete from
the Philippines a person gave him when he fought there. (It's a long story
how he was in both theaters). And my mother has a makeup compact that he
bought for her in Paris during the occupation that turned out to be holding
a Nazi assassination list behind the mirror (he was a spy). The stuff takes
him back to a very interesting part of his life.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Time is just one darn thing after another. - Anonymous