Subject: Re: [Leica] Squares and sabotage
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:00:39 +1300

At 12:18 PM -0800 23/11/99, Alan wrote:

>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:25:36 +0100
>From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Squares and sabotage
>
>From Bill Larsen
>  > I wish my ancestors had environmental portraits rather than
>  > studio portraits.
>- -------------------------------------
>
>I wish mine had used the camera all year round instead of just when
>they were on holiday.  The impression I get is that they all lived on
>Blackpool beach.
>
>Alan

I know exactly what you mean Alan! I look at all of the photos of my
childhood and i feel like we lived a life of landed gentry: a
permanent rolling holiday of travels, Weddings and Birthday Party's.
The truly scary thing is that a part of me wishes it were true :-)

Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University