Subject: Re: [Leica] Kriegsmarine U Boat Contax
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:44:58 -0800

Leicaman 56 writes:

>>>snip snip snip<<<
|An important part of this camera set is an original Carl Zeiss
|"Auswerte-Gerate" (evaluating instrument) with which the negatives could be
|seen in 3 D and evaluated.  This instrument was also mounted in the
|submarine.
|Both camera and evaluating instrument bear the German swastika and the "M"
|engraving for the German Navy.

This is very interesting.  This implies that there is also some type of issue
"photo lab" (for want of a better term).  Does anyone have an idea of what the
complete photo equipment issuance was for a submarine?  (I am never going to
complain about having to develop in the bathroom again).

Regards, Bill