Subject: [Leica] CTX 5000 airport film zappers for hand baggage now
From: dkgibson@hushmail.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:33:42 -0700 (MST)

Anyone else come across this?

I heard a photographer got all their film zapped by one of these new machines
not by putting film in checked baggage, but at the security check.

Precvious advice was NOT to check film in luggage but to carry it on because
 these new beasties will ruin your film.

Now it appears some US airports are installing them for hand baggage as
well.

In the US under FAA regs you can demand a hand check. But what to do in
countries where this isn't possible? I believe there is no such right at
Canadian airports - depends on your charm and the good will of security.
And you have to have film scanned in the UK. So, are they also going to
be installing the CTX 5000 in such places?

Tim A

Get HushMail. The world's first free, fully encrypted, web-based email system.
Speak freely with HushMail.... http://www.hushmail.com