Subject: RE: [Leica] I can't believe I'm losing this argument
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:01:29 -0000

Peter,

That's a cheap line. If 'all this energy' was expended on making photos,
we'd create something totally different, pictures. Learn something, maybe,
but unlikely. You're talking about the people who took time to make these
posts, they're all competent experienced photographers with little left to
learn either technically or experientially. The rest of us readers would
learn nothing.

I take Mike, Ted's and Marc's posts (I believe) in the vein they were
offered - that of a rigorous debate. Ted wanted to assure Mike that it
wasn't neccesary to 'win' any argument and Marc pointed out that recording
of history (in our mids) is at stake.

I've learn't more from Marc's explanation (with the possible exception of
remembering who's cricket shoes Dr Grace was going to endorse) than I could
have envisaged, certainly more than I would have done if I'd been taking
photos instead.

best regards,
Jem