Subject: [Leica] Stanley Kubrick
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:44:43 -0400

 Fellow LUGGERS,

I just received a gift to day from a friend, the Leica Manual, by Willard
Morgan, 12th edition 1953. It is over 400 pages of incredible Leica stuff
that is still applicable to todays generation of Leicas. I wish there was a
book available today that is as comprehensive as this book. It has chapters
written by Ansel Adams, Arthur Rothstein, Alfred Eisenstaedt and Peter
Stackpole writes a chapter on underwater photography with a Leica. Plus many
photgraphs by the greats, but, one picture credit puzzels me; a street photo
by LOOK photographer STANLEY KUBRICK, Leica LTM with a 50mm Summar, f/2.8 @
1/8. I am wondering if this is the Oscar winning director (Clock Work
Orange, 2001, etc, etc)? Did Kubrick work for Look before going on to his
marvelous film career? Anybody know?
Steve
Annapolis