Subject: [Leica] German film prices (was brick, INVENTORY
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:12:05 +0100

>In Europe, at least here in Scandinavia the big decision is whether to
>go for a  24 or 36 exp roll.
>
>Maybe this is the reason that Leica management do not put motor drive
>high on their priority list.  Bit like eating an expensive French
>dinner with a shovel.
>
>Alan

Scandinavian friends;

here in Germany 36x rolls of Tri-X can be as low as DM 4.95 in budget price
stores, although I have seen them go up in some shops recently. 36x rolls
of Delta 100 and 400 are DM 7.00 each in these shops, but higher elsewhere.

Here are the addresses of two reliable mail order companies that will ship
anywhere in Europe:

monochrom, Kunoldstrasse 10-14, D - 34131 Kassel --  email@monochrom.com
Foto-Müller, Marienallee 8, D - 24937 Flensburg  --  Fax ++ 49 461 5009105

The Dmark prices they charge for 36 rolls of Tri-X, Delta 100 and  Delta
400 respectively,  and their flat rate for shipment within Europe are:

Monochrom 5.40 and 6.90 and  6.70 for the films and  DM 20.00 for shipment
Müller  5.20 and 6.75 for both 100 and 400 and DM 32.00 for shipment

monochrom has a beautiful catalogue and specializes in presentation and
archiving material. Look at their website to get an impression
http://www.monochrom.com
Müller has only a price leaflet, and limited stock of noncurrent items, but
undersells regular shops by up to 30% on items like filters. Tri-X and
Delta are stock items.