Subject: [Leica] R Focusing Screen Questions
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:47:48 -0500

George Nozicka wrote:

(3) Has anyone used the
"Brightscreen" brand focusing screens and, if so, are they worth the extra
money?
<<<

For the R4, I'd definitely recommend the Brightscreen over the original
model.  I use the Brightscreen grid viewscreen in my R4sP.  Having borrowed
an R8 last weekend and used it with the 400mm f/6.8 Telyt, my opinion is
that the standard grid (or plain matte) viewscreen should work well.  I
prefer the grid viewscreen because it gives me a better contrast reference
point.  The R4's right angle finder is part #14326.

Doug Herr
Sacramento