Subject: [Leica] Leica CL
From: "Nicholas Ragovis" <ragovisn@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:29:25 -0500

I have a Leica CL that won't cock the shutter, wind the film or meter
(probably all related to not being able to wind the film).  I took the
camera to Pro Photo Repair in New York, and they said they didn't want to
work on something as intricate as the film advance n the CL.  Is there
anyplace else to send it, or should I try sending it in to Leica.  I am a
little leery of sending it to Leica, as the likelihood of a $300 repair on a
body that can be gotten for $400-$500 seems great. Has anyone had any
experience with sending cameras in to Leica repair?  Or have any good
outside repair stores?  Also, I have the two lenses for the camera, and they
look like they need to be opened and cleaned, is there a good place to do
this?

Thanks,
Nick