Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica's reputation
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 06:37:22 +0000

Simon Stevens wrote:
>I just thought I'd pass this on to depress you all, especially those of
>you who think that the fame of leica depends on the glass. I was at my
>local "professional" photo store in the suburbs of Washington, DC
>yesterday, renting a lens for my Hasselblad when I started chatting to
>the assistant. I mentioned that I use a Leica and he exclaimed
>enthusiastically  what a good camera Leicas are "because they use Zeiss
>lenses." (!!)

Not really depressing. I would not be surprised to hear that more people
know about Zeiss lenses than Leica lenses. Zeiss optics have been
synonymous with good quality for a long long time and the quality is still
there today. Even the average man in the street has heard of Zeiss. I use
Zeiss on my G2 and Leica on my M6.

Dan K.

                       The pole of power is greasy.