Subject: [Leica] ball park price for CLA on IIIc or IIf and lenses?
From: "R. Carter" <carter@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:08:30 -0500

Essex Camera Repair, (201) 933-7272,

http://essexcamera.com/

are charging me $130 for CLA of an IIIf BD
and a Summitar 50/f2 which I took in last
week.

I recommend their work.

Three years ago they fixed an M3 DA and DR
Summicron 50 that some klutz had carried around
his yacht, exposed to salt sea-spray.
The lens was almost opaque, but they got 95
percent of the fog out.

Last year I got interested in Exaktas for
a while (what can I say: I was fascinated by
the little film-cutting knife) and they got
three of them working, including a prewar
goodie that has a fixed Rollei-type hood with
a pentaprism that hooks onto the top of it, and peers
down at the screen.  When I say "fixed," I include
the unfixable 26-second shutter speed setting,
where it had green oxide gunk coming out of
the brass gears inside.  $100 for that one.

Ask for Mr. Moon.
- --
                                             _RAC

Robert A. Carter KB2NTV carter@newark.rutgers.edu
15 Washington St. Newark NJ 07102 +1.973.353.5216