Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF...Good News...Bad News
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:03:15 -0800 (PST)

Thank you Nathan. The following info. is from the Yahoo page.

			1995	1996	1997	1998(*)		1999(*)

Earning/share(DM)	1.60	1.54	none	-1.00		-0.25
Dividend/share(DM)	--	1.00	0.00	0.00		0.00
Stock price/share(DM)
	Year end		47.6	30.5	15.25		--
	Year high		52.7	54.0	33.2		--
	Year low		47.1	39.0	14.9		--
Market value(millions DM)	142.8	137.3	68.6		--
Number of employees		1441	1550	1615		--

Note : (*) means estimated values.
- -----

The performance of the year 1999 is probably too early to be included.
The projection, however, indicates another negative earning. I wonder
how the shareholders take it. The earning per share dropped three years
in a row since 1996. Thank God they stopped giving the dividend after 1996.
Leica's shareholders must really have faith and/or very royal to the company.
What happened in 1997-1998 year period ? The company market value dropped
in half.

I am not a stock analyst but in my book Leica is not performing that well.
Lots of us know that Leica produces excellent products but it seems that
they are having some difficulties with their financial situation.
Do you think they have answers for their current situations ?

May be someone can shed some light into this.

Regards,

PitakC

PS: This reminds me of Tektronix all over again.

- -----

> Here are the translations of the first few lines:
>
> Earnings per share
> Dividends per share
> Share price (year end, year high, year low)
> Market value (millions DM)
> Number of employees
>
> The rest of it is the balance sheet and the P&L statement.
>
> Nathan
>
> Pitak Chenkosol wrote:
>
> >         I got kind of curious and wonder how the Leica as a
> >         public company is doing, I took a peak at how Leica stock
> >         has performed on Yahoo. I do not read or write German
> >         but after looking at the company profile on the following
> >         page
> >
> >         http://de.biz.yahoo.com/p/l/lca.f.html
> >
> >         I have a feeling that the stock may not be performing
> >         as good as the shareholders would like. The numbers
> >         get smaller across the table year after year. That is
> >         definitely not a good sign. How did the managements
> >         explain to the stockholders at the Annual Meetings ?
> >         I cannot even imagine what the meetings were like.
> >         Again I could be wrong due to a lack of knowledge in German.
> >
> >         Can someone please summarize this and post to this
> >         message board? I will be very interested in the
> >         earning per share from year to year.
> >
> >         Thank you in advance.
> >
> >         Regards,
> >
> >         PitakC
>
> --
> Nathan Wajsman
> Overijse, Belgium
>
> General photo site: http://belgiangator.tripod.com/
> Belgium photo site: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman/
> Motorcycle site: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1704/

- --
Pitak Chenkosol, Dept. Electrical Eng.,|  " I was born not knowing and have
Portland State University,             |    only had a little time to change
P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. |    that here and there."
E-mail: pitakc@ee.pdx.edu              |                Richard P. Feynman