Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V13 #26
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:50:51 -0800 (PST)

>Stand in the "German Corner" at Camera World and most times you will die
>of starvation before anyone comes to help you. I don't really dress all
>that well.  This weekend was the first time I've ever touched a Rollei
>6000 series. Have yet to tough a Linhof. And I'm pushing 50.

I was there with Mark.

It was very funny. Mark fumbled with the 6000 and couldn't figure out
how to turn it on. He handed it back to the salesman and said

	"We want to see it go. Make it go!"

So the salesman unlocked the shutter release and they fired away.

After playing around with the metering, etc. for a while Mark pipes
up in the middle of the store

	"It will also wash your car!"

On the other hand I'll say again it was pretty lame that the store
would not take cameras they had in the stockroom to show to prospective
customers. Who knows, perhaps we looked like starving bottomfeeders,
but it strikes me as really poor business.

Maybe this is the mentality of the mailorder side of their business
at work?

Byron.