Subject: Re: [Leica] Color and digital
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:56:57 -0800

Doug Herr wrote:
><Snip>
> I've liked very few color prints of my own chromes whether I had made the
> prints or a custom lab had done it - until I started using PhotoShop.  I've
> just begun getting LightJet prints made from my digital fileas and I'll
> never accept prints from a traditional enlarger again.
>
> Doug Herr
> Sacramento
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt

I have gotten results from Fujichrome paper and R3000 chemistry from
transparencies at U Develop here that you can not tell from a C print especially
if you can't see the borders. And I think C prints which I've made to 30x40
inches can be exquisite.
I've seen great digital stuff too and can't wait to try it and will soon maybe
even this month.
But I doubt giving up the traditional processes in the near future. I have made
thousands of C prints. I'm sure to make hundreds more.
Mark Rabiner