Subject: [Leica] Re: Dealer snobbery
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:46:50 -0500

Marc Talusan wrote:

The biggest turnoff for me in the process of getting one was the attitude
of a number of the dealers I spoke to. One dealer refused to show me the
camera, claiming that it was a "high-ticket" item that is not usually
demoed or displayed. I wonder if he would have given me the same kind of
treatment if I had been over 40.
<<<

Yep that sure turned me off some 30 years ago when I went shopping for my
first SLR.  I must be over 40 now 'cuz I don't get that treatment any more.
 BTW the dealer that gave me that treatment is no longer in business.

Funny how the camera they refused to show me turned out to be the one that
has been my favorite for the last 20 years.

Doug Herr
Sacramento