Subject: Re: [Leica] Big bucks
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 06:37:22 -0500

At 07:19 PM 11/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>But scanning at "just" enough quality to print 8x10's takes, what, 25MB per
>image?  So now you're down to 25 images per cd, or 2,600 CD's. That's $4,800
>in blanks, and at one hour per CD to burn each CD you're looking at almost a
>year of 8-hour days of burning CD's.

Unless you save them losslessly as Genuine Fractals.  Then the 25MB becomes
2MB.  The CD's take more like 15 minutes to burn and they don't require any
attention from me while they are doing their thing.  I have several
thousand of my more than 300,000 negatives and transparencies already on
CD's.  That doesn't mean I'm getting rid of the originals.  They will stay
in my files but the CD's certainly take up less room!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com