Subject: RE: [Leica] M Campaign: Che
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:04:53 -0500

B. D. Colen wrote:

>If that brochure is intended to appeal to the under-40 crowd, why is
>a goofy guy with a beard and funny hat featured on the cover? Yes,
I know
>it's Che, but that's because I'm 53. Anyone who is 40 or under was
BORN in
>'59 or later...Most of they haven't the vaguest idea who Che was.

Well, you're wrong, B.D...

Leica got very very lucky on this one. Rage Against the Machine,
a very loud very leftist punk/metal band, is featuring that particular
image of Che rather prominently in their current tour & album
campaign.

Like to see how Rage's album is faring with Today's Youth? Check:

http://www.billboard.com/daily/1999/1110_01.asp

Regards,

Alexey