Subject: Re: [Leica] Viability of Leica; my 2 cents
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:31:19 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:
><Snip> . And we were about the only Colen's in existance, until all the Colons
> from Puerto Rico and similar spots began to change their names to Colen, and
> now there are zillions of Colens, none of whom it is leicaly I'm related to.
><Snip>

I heard in Sweden  where a whole lot of people have the same names a whole back
if you changed your name from something like John Johnson or Nils Nilson to
Irving Swartz or something more original they gave you 20 krons because it was
easier to tax you!
Mark :-) Rabiner
Of course now there are 20,000 Irving Swartz's in Sweden now.