Subject: [Leica] M5 Edsel
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:02:21 +0000

>>>Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the M5 an Edsel?<<<

Roger Skully: >>>IMHO, it is the finest Leica that I own. The meter is
very accurate, the size and added weight are not a problem to me. It is
my slide camera because of the metering excellence. You would be foolish
to pass up an M5 because someone else said that it was an Edsel. If I
remember correctly, the Edsel
was ahead of its time too<<<

N.B., it's Sherry Krauter's favorite Leica M, too.

I hate to point this out to this group, but it's the most modern M
design, as well--the most recent rethink.

- --Mike