Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] M Campaign
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:50:28 EST

I posted my request on the Leica website and got one in less than a week --
no $5 involved at all.

Personally I think it's OK for what it is -- an attempt to put "The Leica
Mystique" onto the printed page for those who may not have a clue at all.
Still, it's not the thing I would think camera dealers are going to leave
stacked around for anybody to pick up. These things must cost a fortune to
print. Surely they are in somewhat limited supply.

It's a tough thing -- to explain subtlties to those who are accustomed to
judging products on the basis of features. How to explain the almost zen-like
advantages of rangefinder focusing and viewfinder framing to the EOS
generation. Not an easy sell I would think. This brochure seems to be an
attempt at that. How successful only the sales figures will tell.

FWIW, I'm having a hard time envisioning a better approach. Maybe
interviewing journalists and other Leica users and have them explain why they
choose Leica. That approach would probably appeal to me more but I'm no
marketing expert. I'm not going to second guess the pros . . .

Bob (it sure is a pretty brochure) McEowen