Subject: [Leica] Running out of time, was: Neiman Marcus (was M campaign)
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:49:56 +0100

Bill Erfurth wrote:

> Any way you look at it, Herr Cohn is running out of
> time.  He says he is going to have a new more 'user
> friendly' M body for Photokina next fall, but I feel
> that the chances of him having it to market by then
> slim...very slim.

Bill,

If you're right, I hope it will not push Leica to make a
deal with Konica.
I mean a M7 based on the Konica RF.
That will be the end in my opinion.

We need a new M which will be in phase with the years 2000
like the M3 was in line with the end of the 50s.
Not a rebadged Konica RF which in itself is only a clone of
the Leica M,
but with a poor viewfinder and a noisy motor/shutter combination.

Lucien