Subject: Re: [Leica] Neiman Marcus (was M campaign)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 22:39:43 -0800

Bill Erfurth wrote:
><Snip>
Hi Bill!
I guess I'm not agreeing with your basic message on this one.
Here are two thoughts on Leica and Herr Cohn.
1. He flew all the way to Chicago to talk to us does that sound like a guy all
set to sell out his company contract?
Do you run a sale for Christmas? The holidays are upon us and things are going
to move.
2. Do we really need to get in catalogs like the Neiman Marcus and kiss off half
of the profits on a unit? I think those catalogs want all your profits.
People will be buying Leicas in the next 2 months from the regular distributors.
I think it's a shame when a company appoints a president and doesn't give him a
reasonable period of time to effect a real change. I got a pretty good
impression of him in Chicago somehow.
(He did remind me of a cross between Doctor Strangelove and George Hamilton in a
likeable kind of way.)
It was a heck of a trip for him to make to just look good and maybe sell some
stock.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for another year.
I would try not to being looking at my stock on a deal like this every week. I'd
check once a Month. They need some space.
But I am no stock expert.
Mark Rabiner