Subject: [Leica] archives and scanners?
From: sam <salex@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 19:13:46 -0500

re:
<<The main weakness of the digital system remains the short longevity of

prints. I have put up a digital print on the refrigerator just to see
how
long it would take before you can start seeing differences. Now, that
print is in a well-lit kitchen, but not in direct sunlight. It took me
some 4 months after which the picture started to fade in a yellow-ish
way. This mileage may vary when using different inks or under different
lighting conditions.>>

To my knowledge, this is no longer even remotely true. I'm sure many
others will confirm this. Current inks/papers are claiming (and testing)

to loooong stability (100 years?). And with color profiles available,
printing
is truly "what you see is what you get."

Sam