Subject: Re: [Leica] Two "new" cameras, and an OLD roll of film...
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:34:05 EST

In a message dated 11/6/99 2:19:16 PM Central Standard Time,
msmall@roanoke.infi.net writes:

<< I haven't a clue as to what an "otoscope" is, so I can't help you
 there.  And there isn't a blessed thing "funny" about the reflex housing:
 it should be a fairly late Visoflex I, Code-Word OZUPO, catalogue number
 16484.  The vertical 5X magnifer would be LVFOO/16486, while the 4X
 45-degree magnifier is a PEGOO/16487.

 I would strongly suspect both of your Summitars are coated.

 Marc >>
"Otoscope" is the flashlight that the doctor uses to peer into your ears and
nose.  Really a neat device for checking out tight areas in a camera or
mechanical device.

A new one costs several hundred dollars.  Last time I bought one was in the
early 70's and was about $175 with viewing attachments.  I used it for
checking the progress of lapping deep cavities in tungsten carbide dies.