Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Rob /Johnny -street Jazz
From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:14:41 -0500

roy,
no, not everyone can play jazz. the same as your quote from Davis, 'Gee,
there's a great scene, but there's no picture there'. It's a very few people
who don't take the picture. why? because they haven't practised enough. I
compare this to the 'broken clock is right twice a day' saying. just because
you made a good photogrph doesn't mean you knew how to do it. If you
continue to make good photographs, then you approach what Jazz is to a
musician. A culmination of years of hard work. I don't dismiss any type of
photography. Photography is to invoke feelings in me. Any type of feeling.
Street photography can do this also.

Rob Mueller
Studies in Black and White
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com