Subject: Re:RE: [Leica] street
From: "eno!" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 04:05:09 -0500

From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>

Depending on who is doing the street photography I might agree. But anyone
with a camera can 'go out' and 'do' photography. some of it may even be
good. But 'the anyone with a camera' is not analogous to Jazz. I hope you
don't infer that anyone can do good jazz. but in my relationship with jazz
(as a player and a listener) it is a culmination of years of dedication and
effort. The learning of the instrument is therefore necessary. Jazz doesn't
neccesarily break every rule. some of it is avant garde (to coin an old
phrase) and 'out there'. but much of Jazz to me is emotive of the moment and
maintained within the music. It is a relationship with the other players and
an outlet from all of your past experiences that brings Jazz together.

Rob Mueller
Studies in Black and White
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com
rob@studiesinblackandwhite.com

It's definitely a moment.  A spot where things just go together, often
beyond comprehension, especially when one is involved - it's not something
you can try to do, but it does take time for it to happen often jgar
ciaisup  there.  The salon/street could be winton marsalis/j coltrane.
Perfection that is habitual and defined doesn't reach the level of
improvisation That Works. A moment within music is something more than just
the music itself, as you mention it's a relationship (where that total is
more than the sum of parts, at least emotively.  The M6 is something of this
sort.