Subject: RE: [Leica] Next body -- M3/M6-.85?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:35:55 -0800

Bob,

I have an M3 that I have used almost exclusively with a 90 for a year and a
half.  I just bought an M6HM because I decided I wanted to use the 90 on a
camera with a meter, and while I can load an M3 just fine, the M6 system is
much faster and simpler.  I haven't used the HM seriously as yet - just a
few happy snaps - but this Friday my M3 will be going on the block.  Don't
get me wrong - I still think the M3 is the best camera Leica ever made for
90 and 135 lenses, but I think the two convenience factors of the meter and
the loading (along with the possibility of a Rapidwinder) will make  me
happier with the M6 in the long run.

Talk to Reinhold Mueller in Toronto (phone # is 416-467-6992) about modding
the M3.  I'm pretty sure it can be done - I think he's done at least one M3
Rapidwinder conversion.  He should be able to offer you some good insights.

<plug>
Please permit me piggyback a shameless plug onto this message.  I bought
both a 90 APO and the M6HM (one of the non-TTL models) from Rich Pinto at
Photo Village - he posts here on the LUG.  I'd deal with him again in a
second (as I in fact did when he posted the HM for sale) - a true gentleman
with a real concern for his customers, he demolishes the "shark" sterotype
that NYC photo and electronics dealers seem to have acquired over the years.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled message.
</plug>

So, personally I'd go for an M6HM.

Paul Chefurka