Subject: RE: [Leica] Recommendations
From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:48:41 -0500

Alistair,

I would have trouble choosing which one!  After almost 30 years of looking
through the lens, I was able to pick up a Hexar for $70 Canadian a few years
ago. I fell in love with rangefinders again, but did not like the autofocus
or the lack of lens selection so I bought an M3 from a friend and got
hooked. I now have an M^ and M6HM, I don't have a 24 or 28 but I have the
rest of the Leica focal lengths and use the 35 the least of all.  I keep
putting it on the camera and trying to use it without success. I guess I am
too shy to get close enough.

One body/one lens is a great idea, the question would be which one? The 75
is the fastest lens I own so it tends to be on the camera the most if I am
taking pictures inside (which is most of the time) or in the evening. If I
could only have 1 lens it would probably be one I don't have. I went for
years with various Pentaxs and a 50mm 1.4 as my main lens, so I would opt
for the 50mm Summilux.

Aren't we glad we have so many lenses to choose from?

Ken