Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Street Photography debate
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 09:58:26 -0800

Jem Kime wrote:

> Dan,
> I think think follows on from my tirade against judges.
>
><Snip>
I think all the judges are all different the only in common being arbitrary
qualifications if any. Whose to know who is qualified to judge my pictures? It's
like going back to school they give you a grade instead of money so it's doing
it that counts.

An interesting way to get around this, the quest to get published is to do it
the easy way. Get a card and a space in the yellow pages and be a cheap
commercial photographer. Assuming you have a clue what you are doing I guarantee
you'll see your pictures everywhere, I speak from experience. OF course most
people starting off start off cheap and that is not perhaps on the long run
good. Once your known as someone to do the dirty work making the switch to
"heavy hitter" requires some slight of hand PR.
Mark Rabiner