Subject: [Leica] Gold Miniatures
From: "Dave Myers" <myers@bluelake.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:57:42 -0400

Hello,

Some of you might remember this, but I didn't until I ran across an April
1994 issue of Popular Photography as I was cleaning my darkroom.  That year,
Leica offered a series of miniature, brass-bodied, gold-plated Leica
replicas, including a Ur-Leica, a Leica I, a IIIf, a 250-exposure Leica
250-R, and an M3.  Prices were between $1,740 and $2,115.  It would be
interesting to know if they have appreciated in value after starting at that
high an altitude.

By the way, Leica prices in 1994 weren't all that different from what they
are now.

M6 - $2,495
21/2.8 - $1,999
35/2 - $1,295
50/1.0 - $2,645
50/2 - $795
75/1.4 - $2,495

R6 - $1,899
R6.2 - $2,495
19/2.8 - $2,695
35/2 - $1,645
60/2.8 - $1,695
100/4 - $1,745
70-210/4 - $1,995

Just a sample from the 47th Street Photo ad.

Dave