Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V13 #4
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:54:50 +0000

> Obviously valid questions.. there could be other variables. I shot 2 shots of
> each, handheld at 250 shutter speed, f4. I used a recycling sticker on a
> trash can that was in the photo to crudely measure clarity (Letters on the
> sticker) . I am mistaken about the UV filter.. it was a 1A Rokunar Japan.

1/250 is way, way too slow to make any judgements about sharpness, even with
a 24mm lens, never mind a 135!! Camera shake and focussing error are in
general FAR more significant than filters. Try the same test on a tripod and
you will see what I mean, honestly.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The writer who writes a good book while sitting in torn breeches should
first mend his breeches" - Montaigne