Subject: [Leica] New 90 mm in LTM. Anyone interested ? Part II.
From: Akhil Lal <alal@bcc.cuny.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:44:26 -0400

Hello Everyone,
	     	Thanks to list members who responded to my earlier post on this
topic. Re-reading my original post, I regret it was somewhat obscure,
hence a bit of clarification is in order.
		Whilst discussing the three newly released LTM lenses with Mr. Strauch
(V.P. Marketing & Sales, Solms), I enquired about the availability of a
90 mm LTM lens, as to me this is just as useful a focal length as 35 mm
(no flames, please). He responded that owing to a lack of interest they
did not intend to produce such a lens. I then asked if Leica would be
willing to run off a batch for our list (make no mistake, Leica *are*
aware of our group) if we were to place a firm order. He answered in the
affirmative, provided that a sensible minimum number would be ordered.
	Leaving aside the logistics for now, I'd like you all to think hard and
let me know whether you would buy this lens: a 90 mm Elmarit, current
optical formula, LTM, possibly chrome. If, and only if, the quantity is
above the minimum order limit can we go on to the next stage and discuss
distribution, engravings, exact price, delivery schedules, etc. If the
order quantity is below the (very reasonable) minimum, then, of course,
the entire exercise is moot. By the way, I *was* quoted a minimum
quantity, but would prefer not to divulge it just now for fear of
skewing the responses.
	If we do pull this off, I hope we can all agree to chip in and get one
for Brian too.
	So please send me you responses and let me know if indeed you would buy
a 90 mm LTM produced for our list.
			Regards,
			Akhil  Lal
			alal@bcc.cuny.edu