Subject: [Leica] Use of Filters
From: Mmermag@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 18:45:14 EDT

Some days, instead of running around NYC with my camera taking pix.. I like
to do some newbie experimenting. Especially after reading some interesting
posts and disputes here.

To my amazement, I shot several shots with and without UV filter on my 135mm
Elmarit. (of the same scene of course) The loss of sharpness with the filter
was not trivial.

Excuse my stating the obvious, but I had to know the difference first hand.
So many people told me to put a filter on to protect the lens.. but I wasn't
told to take it off for sharper pictures!

Duh

Hehe.. thanks for the bandwidth.

Mike