Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and a new M?
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 12:22:11 -0600

All this speculation of what Leica should or shouldn't do is fun, I
guess, but if anyone really wants to see what's on Mr. Cohn's mind, why
not look at some of the marketing that Leica has done recently?

A must-read for Leica watchers is the new brochure "Leica M: How
Revolutionary Should Your Camera Be?", available as a free download from
Leica's website. I'd say that Leica (with the aid of a big ad agency)
has turned it's sights to a younger, hipper audience, and has decided to
use emotions, not reason, as a primary sales tool: A wise move, given
the stratospheric prices of the M system. I'd say it's the most
compelling piece of advertisment I've seen from Leica to date, and would
be a standout, even if you walked home with a sackful of literature from
other makers, and barely knew how Leica was pronounced.
- --
Jeff Segawa
Boulder, Colorado
www.boulder.net/~4season