Subject: Re: [Leica] New Provia 100F
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <atkielski@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:13:08 +0200

From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 1999 07:56
Subject: [Leica] New Provia 100F

> Has an LUGger found the new Fuji Provia 100F on the
> European side of the Atlantic? The Belgian dealers
> I have asked do not seem to know anything about it,
> and I do not see it advertised in the UK magazines I read.

Provia 100 F has just been released in Europe (a matter of days ago, I think)
and should be appearing soon.  You'll need to look in pro shops and shops
specializing in Fuji film as they will probably be the first to get it.

Some of the interesting things I read on it were a grain rating of 8 (comparable
to Velvia, if I'm not mistaken), no reciprocity compensation required for
shutter speeds between 1/4000 and 128 seconds, resolution of 60 lp/mm at 1.6:1
contrast and 140 lp/mm at 1000:1 contrast, a latitude of -.5 and +4.0 stops
(allowing for push processing if desired), and sigma grain structure (Fuji's
version of T-grain), for very fine grain without a drop in speed.  Provia 100 F
has the finest grain of any ISO 100 color film available today, if I understood
correctly.

  -- Anthony