Subject: [Leica] Friday WTB M6
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:55:34 -0400

Luggers,

as some of you know, I got ripped off twice this year, once by a street
urchin in Yop-city (Cote d'Ivoire) (m6 + 35 'cron), and once while jet
lagged dozing at O'Hare (whole bag of M6 bodies and lenses). Independently
wealthy I am not, nor was I insured.

I'm slowly replacing stuff, selling bits and pieces that I don't use, and I
have enough $$$ right now to get another M6.

I want to buy an Ugly Minus early M6. They were all black, thank Ernst, and
I want one with no plastic strap protection inserts. Zincing is preferred.
If you've managed to lose or rip any of the leatherette, that's a plus, as
is a mangled battery cover. Ugly baseplates are good too. You'll know its an
early one because of the way the meter cuts out the LED's when the light
level is outside the meter's range, rather than has them flicker; because
the red dot says Leitz, not Leica; and because DonJr would love the
plastic-insert-free sides of the top plate above the strap lugs. 84-86 are
the years I think, I don't know the serial # ranges, but I'm guessing that
17XXXXX would be close.

All I ask is perfect mechanical and optical function, per Leica tolerances,
and no major dings of a tolerance or performance threatening nature. A
recent (3 years or less) CLA is a big plus.

So, if you've got one out there send me the details, including your asking
price. If anyone needs to shift one real quick in better condition, cash is
waiting if the price is right. I can pay the shipping.

best of light,

Alistair