Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V12 #100
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:05:44 -0700

> The only concern I have is that the reason most use a Leica M
> is the lenses, not the body.  So when Konica and other debut
> an M-mount camera with more features, and a lower price, the
> not so devout Leicaphiles may switch bodies, but of course
> still use Leican glass.

No. I use the M first for the body, then for the lenses.
I like the feel. I like the viewfinder/rengefinder setup.
I like the way it handles and the fact that it is (in
Mike's words) supremely unconfusing. It does everything
I want it to do, nothing I don't (excepting a bit of RF
flare in certain conditions).

It Leica glass came only on SLRs but Nikon made a good
all-mechanical RF body & lenses I would use the Nikon.

The Leica lenses are merely a splendid bonus.

- -Alexey