Subject: Re: Out of the closet, was RE: [Leica] LTM lens
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:37:35 -0800

Steward

In your response to my request you said

It takes a 40mm filter/hood, which are absolutely totally completely
unobtainable
unless you go with custom. You will never make the sky and clouds punchy
with a yellow, orange or red filter with this lens!

I don't know if this helps but I had a PETRI  lens shade
    Orikkor Lens f2.8 4.5 cm

It fits perfectly...I am assuming that the 4.5 will not  cut into the view
area.  I think this is safe assumption.   And I have no idea how hard it
would be to obtain this shade.  I just had it for some reason....and I am a
believer in using a shade where possible.

Thanks

Dave Stratton