Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] Herr Cohn und Drang
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 08:14:14 -0700

Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

>In case this isn't clear, are there people still looking for Nikon F4 or
>Canon EOS1 (not n) or Minolta 9xi?  Not too many, I would think . . . >>

Yes, actually since Nikon, Canon, Minolta, etc make up a much larger percent
of the market, they are still in demand "used."  Check out
http://www.keh.com and you'll see this is the reason why KEH has become the
largest used camera dealer worldwide, and why the used market for equipment
is enormous.

>I certainly get your point. A Leica M is a Leica M, what more do you need?
>will part company with you on the reference to the Nikon F4, though. That
is
>the last pro-level Nikon camera with a traditional shutter speed dial. That

>alone makes it a desirable camera in my mind. If they would just rip out
all
>the autofocus stuff and reissue it as a near-perfect manual focus machine
the
>world would be a better place . . .

Bob, good point!  If you only want a camera without all the modern bells and
whistles the Leica M is the best choice.  The only concern I have is that
the reason most use a Leica M is the lenses, not the body.  So when Konica
and other debut an M-mount camera with more features, and a lower price, the
not so devout Leicaphiles may switch bodies, but of course still use Leican
glass.

Peter K