Subject: Subject: [Leica] "There will be no M7"
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:10:30 -0400

From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>

<<I'm feeling that Leica may be missing a trick in not renaming it's M
cameras. Sure the M4 only became the M4-2 and later the M4P, but there is
an external market to consider who may feel if there hasn't been a new
number out for a while there hasn't been development of the previous model,
which was inroduced over 15 years ago...
But of course there has.
The M6TTL became a re-ergonomised (?) camera along with a slightly
different size, an M7 would have made life easier for the market, the
engravers, the advertisers as well as giving the purchasers a greater sense
of 'upgrade'.
I'm not for change for the sake of it, far from it, but there are times
when it has real benefits to consider...>>
Jem

You're right.  The change is inevitable in any case.  The solution may very
well be to change the name, for many reasons.  The alternative is that the
M6 gets 'too' updated and after time it may be hard to say if you use an M6
or not - could take a while hasn't happened yet (did it!?)
So maybe close the M6 and seal it, as it is still what we (me!) want it to
be.  Keep  'em comin', then we'll have those and also we'll run out and buy
M7.1's and we'll have a ball and soon be out on the street selling
summicrons. It's more refreshing than some other possibilities.  They could
work on an R10.0 and come out with an SLR the size of M6, and a 180/2 APO
the size of the 35 summicron (pre-asph) M, that would be good!  After all we
are ready!
Leica can do whatever they want!  We'll be there for the applause!  It's
good to know all Luggers think the same!9472383047347890! also!!..,rtight!