Subject: RE: [Leica] Additional nattering from Rabiner
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:47:14 -0400

Don writes:

Also, what part of the M-6 is better made from plastic?

- ---

Off the top of my head I can think of two parts that are better or at least
as good in plastic than in metal:
The "user interface :-)" at the end of the film advance lever (more
comfortable in plastic) and the guard around the lens release button (who
cares if it is made in plastic).

Not everything has to be made in metal.  My Nikon F has lots of plastic in
it, film take up and sproket spools for example, and it is still plugging
along just fine even though its been dropped, smashed, banged, fried, frozen
and otherwise abused.

Jonathan Lee