Subject: Re: [Leica] Adapter Screw to Bayonet(new?!)
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:46:18 -0600 (MDT)

Leica Canada advised me the adapters in question are no longer in stock.
HOWEVER........
With the introduction of the limited production runs of Leica thread
mounts on the current lenses Leica is offering, the decision was made to
make another run of adapters, as the machining would be set up to cut
threads. It appears these will be available for purchase sometime after
March 2000. Price was not known, but a cost of 120 DM each was mentioned
during the conversation.

HOWEVER #2.....
If you want adapters earlier, check out Steve Gandy's Camerquest site. He
has a set of three, for 50/75, 35/135, and 28/90 for sale for $100 plus
shipping. Not Leica, but from the image on the site, not much different
from the originals. Whenever the adapters come up on eBay they sell for
about $75 each, so $100 for a set seems pretty attractive.  I just
e-mailed him this morning to check on availabilty, as I love my old LTM
lenses, but I also love using the M4-2, so I should be able to have the
best of both worlds.
Noel Charchuk
Calgary