Subject: [Leica] Dan Cardish's illos
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:06:19 +0000

Dan Cardish: >>>I have decided to make up a web page showing just images
taken with my
Leicas.   Not all works of art, some are there just to illustrate<<<

Thanks Dan. The more I see of that 75mm lens, the more it impresses me.

>>>it is really sad to see
the loss of image information from original chrome or negative to
monitor
screen<<<

The web is a democratizing factor. It takes away the niggling
differences in equipment that only photographers care about anyway, and
makes us concentrate on the pictures. I actually rather like it as a
medium for looking at pictures. One difference between the web and more
traditional ways of sharing work such as monographs is that you see much
more provisional, casual, and occasional work on the web, something I
also like.

- --Mike