Subject: [Leica] Rabiner at OPC
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:09:44 +0000

Mark Rabiner: >>>I was sent there from the Wolf camera store 8 blocks
away last Wednesday when I was out looking for some delta 3200 film for
the Chicago shoots. What a true camera store that is! Not many of those
in particleboardville anymore<<<

Mark
Cool! That's great--my little haunt. You think it's good now, you should
have seen it four years ago when Gene was still alive. It had ten times
as much junk in it, and was, of course, much better.

In fact, that little Wolf store you were in on Oak Park Avenue used to
be a "real" photo store too, quite famous locally, very old and stuffed
to the ceilings with cool old stuff. Lots and lots of character (and
characters <s>).

I regret that the days of those old-line stores seem to be passing. Glad
you got to see OPC.

- --Mike