Subject: Re: [Leica] Using the R8 & 50 Summicron
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:38:14 GMT

I am interested to hear your opinions on the 35-70 f4, particularly in
comparison to the Summicron 50.  I am thinking of buying this lens but have
only heard one report (Erwins), which was favorable.

My experiences with the Summicron R mirror your own.  It really is a great
lens, nearly the equal of the M except in field flatness wide open.
Normally as long as you are not shooting buildings etc this never becomes
noticeable.

Best Wishes
Dan

26 Oct 1999 18:11:51 -0700